This Guide is intended to help prospective Members know what is expected prior to making application to join the Cockburn 4WD Club.
- You need to own or have access to a mechanically sound 4WD vehicle with reasonable off-road capabilities. Your vehicle must have a Rated Recovery Point. ‘Soft roaders’ and ‘All Wheel Drives’ can join a trip pending approval form the Trip Leader. It does not need to be highly modified although some basic equipment is required. For instance, you do not need a winch however, you will need a UHF radio. See Vehicle and Equipment.
- You can speak to either the President or the Secretary expressing your interest in joining the Club, or complete and submit the online Application for Membership. The fee for Membership for 2020-2021 is $35.00.
- You will be provided with details about the Cockburn 4WD Club to ensure that it is the most suitable club for what you are seeking. The Cockburn 4WD Club is a family orientated, touring club. The Club is environmentally conscious and respects the tracks it uses and our fellow 4WD community. We are not an ‘extreme’ 4WD Club.
- To determine if we are right for each other, you will need to come along to a minimum of two trips. Consult the Calendar of Events on this website or on the Cockburn 4WD Club Facebook Page to see in which Trip(s) you are able to participate. At these locations you will find details of the dates, times and places of these trips, as well as the name of the Trip Leader. As 4WD Trips vary in degree of difficulty, the Trip Leader (at their sole discretion) will determine if your vehicle is capable of undertaking the intended trip.
- You need to undertake these two trips in a reasonable period of time. During these two trips, you should be able to ascertain if the Cockburn 4WD Club is right for you. Similarly, we will get to know you and determine if you are suitable for us.
- At the conclusion of the two trips, if you wish to pursue membership of the Cockburn 4WD Club, your application will be considered by the Management Committee. As soon as practicable thereafter, you will be advised if your application for membership has been successful.
- Our general meetings are reserved for Members only. Members are expected to make a reasonable effort to attend general meetings and trips on a regular basis, although it is appreciated that not all Members are able to attend every meeting/trip due to other commitments.